ColdFusion 8 Web Application Construction Kit Volume 3: Advanced Application Development
- ISBN: 0321515471
- Pages: 666
- Publisher: Adobe Press - December 21, 2007
- This title is out of date, and has been replaced by Adobe ColdFusion 9 Web Application Construction Kit, Volume 3: Advanced Application Development.
This is the revised award-winning sequel to my ColdFusion Web Application Construction Kit.
Co-authored by some of the most respected ColdFusion programmers, all of whom have gained their real-world ColdFusion experience the hard way, this book is the only place you'll find extensive coverage of more advanced ColdFusion application development concepts and features, including new ColdFusion 8 features.
Here's a partial list of what you'll find in this new book: writing scalable applications, implementing fault-tolerance and load-balancing technologies, monitoring and fine-tuning system performance, creating secure applications, deploying server sandbox security, integration with NOS security, writing language extensions in Java, CFML, and C/C++, COM, and CORBA integration, .NET and Microsoft Office integration, working with data feeds and Web Services, structured error handling, implementing distributed processing and intelligent agents, using event gateways, IM and SMS integration, sophisticated regular-expressions processing, using the new administration APIs, and much much more!
Both as a tutorial and as a reference, this is the latest edition of what has become the standard ColdFusion series (along with its two sister volumes). And this new updated enhanced, and extended edition improves upon what has made this the #1 selling ColdFusion series ever.
Enjoy, and good luck with ColdFusion 8!
- : Introduction
- 55: Understanding High Availability
- 56: Monitoring System Performance
- 57: Scaling with ColdFusion
- 58: Scaling with J2EE
- 59: Managing Session State in Clusters
- 60: Deploying Applications
- 61: Understanding Security
- 62: Securing The ColdFusion Administrator
- 63: ColdFusion Security Options
- 64: Creating Server Sandboxes
- 65: Security in Shared and Hosted Environments
- 66: Using the Administration API
- 67: Using Server-Side HTTP and FTP
- 68: Creating and Consuming Web Services
- 69: Working With Feeds
- 70: Interacting With the Operating System
- 71: Server Side Printing
- 72: Interacting with Directory Services
- 73: Integrating With Microsoft Exchange
- 74: Integrating with .NET
- 75: Extending ColdFusion with COM
- 76: Integrating with Microsoft Office
- 77: Extending ColdFusion with CORBA
- 78: Extending ColdFusion with Java
- 79: Extending ColdFusion with CFX
- 80: Working with Gateways
- 81: Integrating with SMS and IM
Downloads and Support
If you are looking for Chapters 41-54 and Appendixes C and D, see the Volume 2 page.
- For the sample database used in the lessons in this book, see the Volume 1 page.
- CFWACK8-3.zip contains all of the source code and examples used in this book, organized by chapter.
In some printings, the two figures in Chapter 55 were somehow omitted. The missing figures can be downloaded here.