Publisher: Que / Macromedia Press – September 21, 2001
This title is out of date, and has been replaced by Adobe ColdFusion 9 Web Application Construction Kit, Volume 3: Advanced Application Development.
This is the revised sequel to my ColdFusion Web Application Construction Kit.
Co-authored by some of the most respected ColdFusion programmers, all of whom have gained their real-world ColdFusion experience the hard way, this book is the only place you’ll find extensive coverage of advanced ColdFusion application development, including all the new ColdFusion 5 features.
Here’s a partial list of what you’ll find in this new book: writing scalable applications, implementing fault-tolerance and load-balancing technologies, monitoring and fine-tuning system performance, creating secure applications, deploying server sandbox security, integration with NOS security, writing language extensions in CFML, C/C++, COM, DCOM, and CORBA integration, XML use, and user defined functions, structured error handling, implementing distributed processing and intelligent agents, scripting and customizing the ColdFusion Studio development environment, sophisticated regular-expressions processing, internationalization and localization, and much much more!
I hope you find this new book to be a valuable ColdFusion resource. And if you are new to ColdFusion, or are looking for a general ColdFusion tutorial or reference book, be sure to check out my other ColdFusion book, ColdFusion 5 Web Application Construction Kit, ISBN 0789725843.
On behalf of myself, the contributing authors, and the publisher, good luck with ColdFusion, and happy coding!
- 1: Understanding High Availability
- 2: Monitoring System Performance
- 3: Different Ways to Scale
- 4: Software Based Load Balancing
- 5: Hardware Based Load Balancing
- 6: Managing Session State in Clusters
- 7: Understanding Security
- 8: ColdFusion Security Options
- 9: Implementing Advanced Security
- 10: Security in Shared and Hosted Environments
- 11: ColdFusion Scripting
- 12: Using Regular Expressions
- 13: Creating Intelligent Agents
- 14: XML Development
- 15: Using WDDX
- 16: Interacting with Directory Services
- 17: Internationalization and Localization
- 18: Creating Advanced Custom Tags
- 19: Creating User Defined Functions
- 20: Extending ColdFusion with COM
- 21: Extending ColdFusion with CORBA
- 22: Extending ColdFusion with Java
- 23: Extending ColdFusion with CFX
- 24: Writing ColdFusion Studio Tag Extensions
- 25: Scripting ColdFusion Studio
- Appendix A: VTML and WIZML Language Reference
- Appendix B: ColdFusion Studio Object Model Reference
- Appendix C: The WDDX DTD
Looking for the source code for the examples in this book? Look no further:
Other Editions Of This Title
- Advanced ColdFusion 4.0 Application Development (Published January 1, 1999 by Que)
- Advanced ColdFusion MX Web Application Development (Published October 15, 2002 by Macromedia Press)
- Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Application Development (Published April 25, 2005 by Macromedia Press)
- ColdFusion 8 Web Application Construction Kit Volume 3: Advanced Application Development (Published December 21, 2007 by Adobe Press)
- Adobe ColdFusion 9 Web Application Construction Kit, Volume 3: Advanced Application Development(Published August 20, 2010 by Adobe Press)