Publisher: Que – January 1, 1999
This title is out of date, and has been replaced by Adobe ColdFusion 9 Web Application Construction Kit, Volume 3: Advanced Application Development.
This new book is the long awaited (and frequently requested) sequel to my best-selling ColdFusion Web Application Construction Kit (now in its third edition).
Co-authored by some of the most respected ColdFusion programmers, all of whom have gained their real-world ColdFusion experience the hard way, this book is the only place you’ll find extensive coverage of advanced ColdFusion application development, including the new ColdFusion 4 Enterprise features.
Here’s a partial list of what you’ll find in this new book: writing scalable applications, implementing fault-tolerance and load-balancing technologies, monitoring and fine-tuning system performance, creating secure applications, deploying server sandbox security, integration with NOS security, writing language extensions in CFML, C/C++, and Delphi, COM, DCOM, and CORBA integration, structured error handling, implementing distributed processing and intelligent agents, scripting and customizing the ColdFusion Studio development environment, sophisticated regular-expressions processing, and much much more!
The accompanying CD contains evaluation versions of ColdFusion 4 Enterprise Edition and ColdFusion Studio 4, and all the code listings from the book. As a special bonus, the CD also contains over 30 third-party add-on tags and utilities that you may use within your ColdFusion applications.
I hope you find this new book to be a valuable ColdFusion resource. And if you are new to ColdFusion, or are looking for a general ColdFusion tutorial or reference book, be sure to check out my other ColdFusion book, ColdFusion 4 Web Application Construction Kit, ISBN 078971809X.
On behalf of myself, the contributing authors, and the publisher, good luck with ColdFusion, and happy coding!
- 1: Monitoring Server Performance
- 2: Different Ways to Scale
- 3: Server Clustering Using Bright Tiger
- 4: Managing Client State
- 5: Security Options
- 6: The User Authentication Framework
- 7: Securing Specific Features and Components
- 8: Integration with NOS Security
- 9: Creating Custom Tags
- 10: Writing CFX Tags in Visual C++
- 11: Writing CFX Tags in Delphi
- 12: Extending ColdFusion with COM/DCOM
- 13: Extending ColdFusion with CORBA
- 14: Customizing ColdFusion Studio
- 15: Scripting ColdFusion Studio
- 16: Using WDDX to Create Distributed Applications
- 17: Advanced WDDX Integration
- 18: ColdFusion Scripting
- 19: Structured Error and Retry Handling
- 20: Regular Expressions
- 21: Intelligent Agents and Distributed Processing
- 22: Interacting with the System Registry
- Appendix A: ColdFusion Tag Reference
- Appendix B: ColdFusion Function Reference
- Appendix C: VTML and WIZML Language Reference
- Appendix D: The WDDX.DTD File
ErrataThere is an errata available for this title.
Chapter 17: Advanced WDDX Integration
Chapter 17: Advanced WDDX Integration refers to Visual Basic code that was mistakenly not included on the accompanying CD. The missing files may be downloaded for your convenience:
- ch17_vb.zip contains all the Visual Basic files needed to complete the examples Chapter 17.
Other Editions Of This Title
- Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion 5 Application Development (Published September 21, 2001 by Que / Macromedia Press)
- Advanced ColdFusion MX Web Application Development (Published October 15, 2002 by Macromedia Press)
- Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Application Development (Published April 25, 2005 by Macromedia Press)
- ColdFusion 8 Web Application Construction Kit Volume 3: Advanced Application Development (Published December 21, 2007 by Adobe Press)
- Adobe ColdFusion 9 Web Application Construction Kit, Volume 3: Advanced Application Development (Published August 20, 2010 by Adobe Press)