This is the revised award-winning sequel to my ColdFusion Web Application Construction Kit.
Co-authored by some of the most respected ColdFusion programmers, all of whom have gained their real-world ColdFusion experience the hard way, this book is the only place you’ll find extensive coverage of more advanced ColdFusion application development concepts and features, including new ColdFusion 9 features.
Here’s a partial list of what you’ll find in this new book: writing scalable applications, implementing fault-tolerance and load-balancing technologies, monitoring and fine-tuning system performance, creating secure applications, deploying server sandbox security, integration with NOS security, writing language extensions in Java, CFML, and C/C++, .NET Exchange and Microsoft Office integration, working with data feeds and Web Services, structured error handling, implementing distributed processing and intelligent agents, using event gateways, IM and SMS integration, sophisticated regular-expressions processing, using the new administration APIs, and much much more!
Both as a tutorial and as a reference, this is the latest edition of what has become the standard ColdFusion series (along with its two sister volumes). And this new updated enhanced, and extended edition improves upon what has made this the #1 selling ColdFusion series ever.
Enjoy, and good luck with ColdFusion 9!
- 46: Understanding High Availability
- 47: Monitoring System Performance
- 48: Scaling with ColdFusion
- 49: Scaling with J2EE
- 50: Managing Session State in Clusters
- 51: Deploying Applications
- 52: Understanding Security
- 53: Securing The ColdFusion Administrator
- 54: ColdFusion Security Options
- 55: Creating Server Sandboxes
- 56: Security in Shared and Hosted Environments
- 57: Using the Administration API
- 58: Using Server-Side HTTP and FTP
- 59: Creating and Consuming Web Services
- 60: Working With Feeds
- 61: Interacting With the Operating System
- 62: Server Side Printing
- 63: Interacting with Directory Services
- 64: Integrating With Microsoft Exchange
- 65: Integrating with SharePoint and Portals
- 66: Integrating with .NET
- 67: Integrating with Microsoft Office
- 68: Extending ColdFusion with Java
- 69: Exposing ColdFusion Services
- 70: Working with Gateways
- 71: Integrating with SMS and IM
Samples & Data Files
Appendix A in Volume 1 explains how to install the sample files needed to follow the lessons in these books.
Note: Volume 1 Appendix A refers to a file named ows.zip. So as to not run into naming conflicts with the files needed for Voumes 1 and 2, this ZIP file has been renamed. File CFWACK9-3.zip below is the file you want, and contains all of the examples and listings for this book.
- Sample databases can be downloaded from the Volume 1 page.
- CFWACK9-3.zip contains all of the source code and examples used in this book, organized by chapter.
- You may also want to download the following:
Other Editions Of This Title
- Advanced ColdFusion 4.0 Application Development (Published January 1, 1999 by Que)
- Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion 5 Application Development (Published September 21, 2001 by Que / Macromedia Press)
- Advanced ColdFusion MX Web Application Development (Published October 15, 2002 by Macromedia Press)
- Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Application Development (Published April 25, 2005 by Macromedia Press)
- ColdFusion 8 Web Application Construction Kit Volume 3: Advanced Application Development (Published December 21, 2007 by Adobe Press)