Publisher: Macromedia Press – June 1, 2005
This title is out of print, and there is no newer edition available. You may still be able to find copies online.
ColdFusion’s popularity continues to grow, and along with that so has the demand for experienced developers. Once upon a time claiming to be a ColdFusion developer was easy – the product was simple enough that with a minimal investment of time and energy developers could realistically consider themselves experts.
This is not the case anymore. The product line has grown both in actual products and in their complexity, and the levels of expertise and experience among developers are diverse. Claiming to be an expert is not that easy, and recognizing legitimate expertise is even harder.
And this is where certification comes into play. Formal official certification helps to mark a threshold that explicitly separates developers by their knowledge and experience, making is possible to identify who is who.
The Macromedia ColdFusion MX7 Certified Developer certification is not an easy exam, and examinees are tested on a wide range of topics – from ColdFusion and CFML to SQL and database concepts to HTML and Internet fundamentals to advanced topics like Web Services and XML integration to UI generation using XForms and Flash Forms. Being Certified as an Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX7 Certified Developer is even harder, most examinees do not attain this level of certification. And that’s why you need this book
To prepare for your exam you should start at the beginning of the book and systematically work you way through it. The book flow, layout, and form-factor have all been especially designed to make reviewing content as pleasant an experience as possible. The content has been designed to be highly readable, and digestible in small bite sized chunks so that it’ll feel more like reading that studying.
Once you have reviewed all content, reread the topics that you feel you need extra help brushing up on. Topics are all covered in highly focused and very manageable (and cross referenced) chapters so that you can easily drill-down to the exact content you need.
Even after the exam, you’ll find that the style and design of this book makes it an invaluable desktop reference tool as well.
So, grab your copy of this title, book your exam, and get ready to be recognized as one of the best of the best.
- 1: Web Technology and Terminology
- 2: Working with Variables and Expressions
- 3: Conditional Processing
- 4: Looping
- 5: Redirects and Reuse
- 6: The Application Framework
- 7: Using Databases
- 8: URL Variables
- 9: Form Variables
- 10: Application and Server Variables
- 11: Session State Management
- 12: Locking
- 13: Lists
- 14: Arrays
- 15: Structures
- 16: Flash Forms
- 17: XForms
- 18: Printing
- 19: Reporting
- 20: Graphing
- 21: Scripting
- 22: Dynamic Functions
- 23: Stored Procedures
- 24: Transactions
- 25: Debugging
- 26: Error Handling
- 27: Application Security
- 28: Custom Tags
- 29: Advanced Custom Tags
- 30: User-Defined Functions
- 31: ColdFusion Components
- 32: Web Services
- 33: Java, COM, & CORBA
- 34: XML
- 35: WDDX
- 36: Flash Remoting
- 37: Event Gateways
- 38: Full Text Searching
- 39: System Integration
- 40: Scheduling and Event Execution
- 41: E-Mail Integration
- 42: LDAP
- 43: Other Internet Protocols
- 44: Basic SQL
- 45: Joins
- 46: Aggregates
- 47: Advanced Database Features
- 48: Improving Performance
- 49: Application Performance Tuning
- 50: Server Performance Tuning
- Appendix: Answers to Sample Questions
ErrataThere is an errata available for this title.
Other Editions Of This Title
- Certified ColdFusion Developer Study Guide (Published March 23, 2001 by Que)
- Certified Macromedia ColdFusion 5 Developer Study Guide (Published November 27, 2001 by Que / Macromedia Press)
- Certified Macromedia ColdFusion MX Developer Study Guide (Published January 15, 2003 by Macromedia Press)