22 thoughts

  1. Nah, it’s not just a hot fix it a blaze’n hot update. Literally because it even has Blaze 4 update inside. The caching, Amazon S3 ehnancements and more. You guys have to schedule this update for your developers ASAP! Great update without reservation.

  2. After running this update on our test server, I get an error on every datasource. I tried reinstalling the patch but I get the same error every time. Anyone else run into this?
    java.sql.SQLException: macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerLicense cannot be cast to macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseLicense
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerLicense cannot be cast to macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseLicense

  3. Same problem as Dan:
    java.sql.SQLException: macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerLicense cannot be cast to macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseLicense
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerLicense cannot be cast to macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseLicense

  4. @David/Dan:
    It seems that there is an issue with the new database drivers in ColdFusion 9.0.1 and SeeFusion. The CF team is looking into and hopefully we can figure out what’s going on.
    In the meantime, you can easily revert back to the prev

  5. @Adam
    We followed the procedures to revert to the older Database drivers and we are still getting the same Datasource service is not available error. Is there anything else we could try to fix the issue? If not how can we uninstall the 9.0.1 update

  6. @Adam
    The JDBC revert didn’t work for me either, and I’m also not using SeeFusion on the machine with the failed upgrade.
    The server that died is a win2008 VPS on Hosting.com which was upgraded from 8 to 9, and now 9.01.
    My dev server

  7. We got an database error too on our Red Hat Linux Server.
    We downgraded to ColdFusion 9.0 and it works.
    We did not use SeeFusion, but we use FusionReactor.
    Is there a solution any working solution or will adobe fix this?

  8. I have yet a different solution regarding the error above, "macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerLicense cannot be cast to macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseLicense". I got it too, but I was running both FusionReactor and SeeFusion.
    But about the recommendations above to copy the jar file from the updater_backup directory to the WEB-INFcfusionlib, I found that in my case, both the files were the same (did a compare).
    But they were both different from that in the [cf]lib directory. That one is mentioned by no one above, but it’s long been the location where that jar had lived. So I decided to "comment out" the one in [cf]wwwrootWEB-INFlib by renaming it to macromedia_drivers.jar.bak. (That required that CF be stopped to do the renaming.) I then restarted CF, and the DSN that was failing now worked (including both those that are and are not wrapped with FusionReactor/SeeFusion).
    I don’t know if this would be a recommended solution for others, but in case anyone hits what I did, if it may help, I wanted to share it.

  9. Both solutions didnt’work for us but then i got the idea to restore the ‘old’ drivers (i made backup before upgrading) to the WEB-INF/lib directory AND to the Coldfusion/lib directory and that worked.

Leave a Reply