The ColdFusion extensions for Eclipse include RDS panels, a Services Browser panel, a CF Log Viewer, RDS support, help, wizards, and of course the interactive debugger. These extensions are available for download along with ColdFusion 8 and will be distributed with the product when it ships.
To install the Eclipse extensions, do the following:
- Start up Eclipse (3.1 or 3.2).
- Select Help->Software Updates->Find And Install.
- Select “Search For New Features To Install”.
- Click the “New Archived Site” button.
- Brows to select the extensions ZIP file that you downloaded.
- Check the feature, and then Finish the installation.
- You’ll be prompted to restart Eclipse.
Once installed you’ll have access to all of the extensions. The Wizards are available under File->New->Other. To display the ColdFusion tabs go to Window->Show View->Other, the tabs will be listed under “ColdFusion”, select each tab to show it. You only need to do this once, the next time you start Eclipse the settings will be remembered and the tabs displayed.