Macromedia has posted Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2005 Results. Betsey Nelson (EVP and CFO) discussed “nice strong performance … including Flex and ColdFusion”, but did not go into product by product specifics.
We’ve been telling you for a while now that ColdFusion is doing very well, and I have been dying to share specifics but have been unable to do so. Until now, that is. So, here goes …
- We just posted the best ColdFusion quarter in the past 4 years.
- Revenues generated from ColdFusion were up 45% quarter/quarter and up 30% Q4-05/Q4-04.
- As we expected, upgrades were very strong, but in addition new full units were also up 20% quarter/quarter.
- We booked a multi-million dollar ColdFusion deal, the largest single in the history of the product!
- Over 14,000 units of ColdFusion MX 7 are now in the hands of customers around the world. (This includes new units, upgrades, and delivery of ColdFusion MX 7 to active subscription holders).
- Looking at the overall year, ColdFusion product sales grew 20% year/year.
- And most importantly, new full unit sales increased by 11% year/year showing solid growth in the ColdFusion business.
This information should be posted somewhere on the Macromedia site shortly, I’ll let you know when this occurs!