2015 Adobe Slate Updated
We just updated Adobe Slate. As per the release notes, here's what changed in v1.1.2:
- Did you ever create a gorgeous glideshow, only to find the images were low res when you published? We fixed that!
- JPGs and PNGs have company. Slate now supports import of RAW images.
- iOS9 is out, and we thought it would be good if we didn't crash on it, so we fixed some things.
- Other fixes and tweaks
2015 Two Months Free Creative Cloud For Teachers And Students With Prepayment
2015 Back-To-School With Adobe Voice And Slate
It's Back-To-School time, and teachers all over are prepping for another year spent in the company of fresh eager (yeah, I know, but I'm trying to sound upbeat) faces. Back in prehistoric times, when I was in school, that meant sharpening lots of pencils, trying to get last year's chalk mark remnants off the board, obtaining a stack of clean projector transparencies and duplicator carbon sheets ... ouch! Teachers these days do much the same, although we've (thankfully) traded much of that ancient technology for shiny devices like iPads.
Over the past year I've had the good fortune and privilege of meeting lots of passionate teachers the world over, and many have shared the innovative ways that they are using Adobe Voice and Adobe Slate on their classroom iPads. Some of the ideas are so good that I just have to share them.
2015 Adobe Voice Updated
We just made Adobe Voice a little better (yep, hard to believe that's possible, I know). You can now tap a page thumbnail at the bottom of the screen to initiate review playback from the selected slide. You're welcome.
2015 25 Students Selected For Adobe Creativity Scholars Program
Today's young creatives have unprecedented influence on the world around them. They are igniting discussions on social and environmental issues with creativity that can transcend global boundaries. Using digital story making, they can translate personal experiences and perspectives into media that has the power to create real change in communities around the world.As part of Adobe's commitment to this next generation of creatives, we have selected 25 students for this year's class of Adobe Creativity Scholars.
2015 Adobe Voice Updated
We just released an update to Adobe Voice which, among other things, adds an integrated quick guide to using Voice in the classroom.
2015 Adobe Slate 1.1 Released
- Glideshow is a fun new take on the transitions you'd find in boring (oops, I mean traditional) slideshows, watch images beautifully fade and dissolve into one another as the text glides over the top.
- We've added the single most requested enhancement (especially from teachers and students), support for bold and Italic text.
- Support for iCloud Photo Library.
- Support for email links (mailto) so that readers can email you right from a button in your Slate story.
- Tapping the top navigation bar now takes you to top of your Slate story.
- Panorama images now look great in grids.
- You can now pull images from untitled Lightroom albums.
2015 Adobe Youth Voices Award Winner Interviewed
As a girl living in the Bay Area, where 40% of all of America's sex trafficking takes place, 19-year-old Rebecca Dharmapalan is working to make her community of Oakland, California the first place child sex trafficking is eradicated. Rebecca won second place documentary in the 2014 Adobe Youth Voices awards for "International Boulevard", a film meant to raise awareness about this issue. She was recently profiled in Mashable and Huffington Post, and launched an Indiegogo campaign to fund her first feature film as a follow up to her documentary. This week, she will about speak about her mission at the Ashoka Future Forum in Washington DC and TEDxTeen in New York. Rebecca's mission is an incredible example to adults and teenagers alike, and we've posted an interview with her on the Adobe Corporate Responsibility blog.
2015 Adobe Voice At TEDxTeen
TEDxTeen is coming to NYC on May 16th, 2015. This year's theme is "The Next Big Thing", and teens have been challenged to use live action or Adobe Voice videos to share ideas or inventions that help make the world better and simpler. Here are some of the submissions.
2015 David Pogue On Slate