2013 Edge Code At MAX
2013 Instant Adobe Edge Inspect Starter
I first seriously used Edge Inspect when I was testing the redesign and relaunch of my own web site late last year, and I was hooked. Sure, if you are still creating desktop targeted HTML and CSS and relying on devices simply scaling the pages down, then you'll probably have little need for a tool like Edge Inspect. But as soon as you start building device specific experiences, including adaptive and responsive UI, you'll desperately need synchronized browsing, the ability to capture multiple device screenshots, and more. As I've previously stated, Edge Inspect is one of those rare products that, once you use it, you wonder how you ever developed without it.
Why do I mention this now? Packt recently sent me a copy of Joseph Khan's new Instant Adobe Edge Inspect Starter e-book, which I took the time to read on a flight this week.
2013 Sarah Hunt On Edge Animate Edge Reflow Integration
Sarah Hunt, Edge Animate Product Manager, posted this video on How to add an Edge Animate project to Edge Reflow output:
2013 Lee Brimelow Explains Edge Reflow
2013 Creative Cloud App Updates
When we first discussed Adobe Creative Cloud, one of the benefits we touted was that the platform (and it's app subscription model) would make it possible for us to update apps and provide more functionality with greater frequency. And that's already happening. As was announced on the Creative Layer blog, last week we released a public preview of Edge Reflow, and an update to Dreamweaver which (among other things) adds support for Edge Web Fonts.
2012 Mihai Corlan Explains Brackets Menu Options
2012 Learn About Adobe Edge Inspect And Future Plans
Mark Rausch is a Senior Computer Scientist on the Adobe Edge Inspect team. Tomorrow (October 26th) he'll be presenting a Webinar on the latest workflow options facilitated by Edge Inspect. He'll talk about recent enhancements including the ability to install a custom local Weinre server, integration with JS Bin, and localhost configurations with xip.io. And he will also discuss what's coming down the pipeline while asking for feedback with the product team. Registration is required.
2012 Create The Web News
Lots of news today. In case any of you missed the Create The Web event, here's a summary:
- Edge Animate 1.0 has been released.
- CSS Filter Lab is now available to play with.
- Lots of great new typography options with the totally free Edge Web Fonts and the greatly enhanced TypeKit.
- Edge Reflow will be in preview soon.
- Edge Inspect is now available to help you preview and inspect web designs on devices.
- Edge Code is ready for you to play with.
- PhoneGap Build 1.0 released.
- Best way to get it all is via the Creative Cloud, and you can get started for free.
- We're taking the Create The Web show on the road, and if you'd like us to drop by, you should nominate your location.
2012 Now On Adobe TV - Create Like Crazy With Adobe Edge