ColdFusion 11 Now Available

The ColdFusion team has announced the release of the next major version of the product, ColdFusion 11. Here are details on some of the new features, and the updated buying guide highlights edition differences. We've also released a significantly updated ColdFusion Builder 3.

• Anton

This is Huge (and quite early)!
    Thanks for notice, Ben!

#1Posted by Anton | Apr 29, 2014, 10:10 AM
  • Danny

While I am glad there is a new version, I just purchased CF10 less than 6 months ago. Looks like I get to shell out another $4,500 for an upgrade again.

#2Posted by Danny | Apr 29, 2014, 05:12 PM
  • Mike Kear

When will help files be ready for the new ColdFusion Builder, Ben?

When you call up help from CFBuilder3, you get a web page from the Adobe site that's dated 2012.

There is a small amount of very basic help related to CFB3, but it only gives information about doing the defaults and doesnt give much help for when anything doesnt work as you'd expect.

In particular, I've spent 10 billable hours now on getting it up and going, with no practical help from the help files, except to explain a few terms I was unsure about. I can't find how to set up FTP, delete an existing FTP site, edit existing FTP settings. The help files say go to 'Synchronise' but that functionality isnt on the menus anywhere of CFB3.

So its a bloody expensive text editor even BEFORE factoring in the cost of buying it.

#3Posted by Mike Kear | May 1, 2014, 05:49 PM
  • Joel Cox

Try to find this from a menu link on Unless I'm missing something, the only way to find any reference to ColdFusion is to search for it. Not listed under products, business solutions, nada. That's very disappointing.

#4Posted by Joel Cox | May 13, 2014, 04:56 PM
  • Justin Cook

Ben, when will there be an update to the CFWACK?

#5Posted by Justin Cook | Jan 22, 2015, 02:12 PM

Justin, at this point there are no plans to update the CFWACK books. Sorry.

#6Posted by Ben Forta | Jan 28, 2015, 09:53 AM
  • Justin Cook

Ben, that's really disappointing that you all aren't going to have any new CFWACKs. I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way, but it's almost like the support for CF 11 is dwindling. Even on the Adobe site, most of the information is labeled for CF 10. I'm afraid ColdFusion is going to be one of those products that just quietly fades away. Hope not though! Thanks for the reply Ben!

#7Posted by Justin Cook | Jan 28, 2015, 10:33 AM