2008 Hello From São Paulo
I am in Brazil, my 5th visit here. I arrived in São Paulo a few hours ago for a full week of events here in São Paulo, and also in Brasilia and Rio de Janeiro. For the next 4 days it'll be non-stop customer meetings, partner visits, press interviews, and three public Flex 3 / AIR presentations. It's great to be back here!
2008 Developer Week Starts Tomorrow
Adobe Developer Week 2008 is a week long online event with 20 sessions covering AIR, Flex, Flash, Mobile, ColdFusion and Dreamweaver. And it all starts tomorrow, March 24, 20008.
2008 Positions In NY, MN, AL, And OR
Six positions this week, three for ColdFusion, and three for Flex/AIR:
- Unnamed company (AL) is looking for 3 Flex/AIR developers. Telecommuting may be possible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lattice Semiconductor (Hillsboro, OR) is looking for a lead ColdFusion developer. Requirements include BS degree with 5 years relevant experience and 2 years management experience, and experience with relational SQL (Oracle preferred). Details posted online.
2008 MAX 2008 Site Online
The Adobe MAX 2008 site, with dates and locations, is online. Registration is not open yet, but there is an option to sign up for a mailing list so you'll know when registration opens and more.
2008 MAX Japan Scheduled
MAX Japan has been scheduled for January 29-30, 2009 in Tokyo. Details to follow.
2008 What Would You Want From ColdFusion Microsoft SharePoint Integration?
Back in late 2005 I asked What Would You Want From ColdFusion Microsoft Exchange Integration?. That post generated over 100 comments, and the ideas and suggestions and use cases in that thread were in a large part responsible for the powerful and sophisticated Exchange integration tags in ColdFusion 8.
So, I'd like your input again. We've been hearing some rumblings about Microsoft SharePoint and integration with ColdFusion, and I'd like you to weigh in on this idea. Are you a SharePoint user, or is it used anywhere in your organization? If yes, what is it being used for? And do you see any value in ColdFusion SharePoint integration? What type of integration would you like, and how would you use it? As before, I am less interested in simple "yes please" or "no, but you should support x instead" comments. I need specifics, and the more detail the better.
And no, I am not promising features. This is a brainstorming exercise for now. ;-)
2008 Flash Lite Announcements
Today we announced that Adobe Flash Lite Shipments Pass Half Billion Mark and that Adobe Flash Lite and Reader LE Licensed by Microsoft (for inclusion in future Windows Mobile devices).
2008 Two ColdFusion Security Fixes Posted
Late last week we released two ColdFusion security fixes for ColdFusion MX 7 and ColdFusion 8:
- APSB08-06 Update available for potential ColdFusion MX 7 and ColdFusion 8 Cross Site Scripting security issue (Windows deployments only)
- APSB08-08 Update available for ColdFusion MX 7 and ColdFusion 8 logs invalid admin interface log-in attempts
2008 ColdFusion Positions In NC And OR
Two ColdFusion positions this week:
- East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) is looking for a ColdFusion developer. Requirements include extensive object oriented experience, as well as experience with CF8 Ajax integration, SQL, Flex, and ColdFusion frameworks. Apply online (search the "Staff-Information Technology" category for "Business & Technology Applications Analyst - Advanced").
- LaCie (Portland, OR) is looking for a ColdFusion developer. Requirements include 4+ years of ColdFusion experience (or ASP, PHP, JSP, but must be willing to learn ColdFusion), as well as experience with Oracle and SQL Server, CSS, XML, and more. Details posted online.
2008 RIA Event Coming To Salt Lake City